Monday 27 April 2009

Saying cheese and fried food.


We have been having GLORIOUS weather in what truly is 'sunny Margate' at the moment. Being the grafter I am I have been stuck indoors working away on pieces for all sorts of projects and commissions, but then there were the promotional photos that were due to be shot this week.....

This allowed me a brilliant afternoon 'off' on Friday when we got to take a trip to the local greasy spoon (one of about 72 - fantastic) and order up a big fried breakfast and mug of tea. I think it makes for a much better photo if I'm shown in some of the places I actually go to, and the cafe we shot the 'don't mug yourself' style pictures in (The Streets fans will know what I mean there) is called the Dalby Cafe. This place is tucked away in the back streets of Cliftonville and is famed for its doorstop slices of toast and its 'Monster Breakfast' board of fame. You can get a decent fry up for under five pounds and take a seat on flip down chairs that were salvaged from the old local tram cars, easily my favourite place to get a breakfast.

We took plenty both in the cafe and on the beach, all in all - my kind of Margate.

No comments: