Thursday 2 July 2009

Grand opening of the Pie Factory!!

A day I have been waiting for, for a long long time. Having moved in to the building in February (first one let, check ME out with the keen!) we waited until the end of June to open when the studios had more residents and the space was nearer completion.

The Pie Factory in Margate is a set of five studios/workshops converted from a ...well... pie factory, in the middle of Margate's old town. The project is the work of Janet and Tim Williams who have carefully sought to keep some of the key features of the building intact and will be opening a restaurant and bistro on the ground floor in the coming months.


It has a really great roof terrace (pictured above) which the Mayor of Margate officially opened and which I hope to utilise on every sunny day we have here - slim chance. I am in studio no.1 and three of the other studios have already been let, leaving just one available!


It was a F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C opening day, with very little time to eat or drink finding myself with so many great people to talk to. Thank you so much to everyone who made the trip over to see what on earth we'd been doing in there these past few months. This included my nan, auntie and cousin who travelled all the way up from Bournemouth for the day. Roll out the red carpet!
A few surprise bouquets and the Guardian spread that morning made me look a lot more glam than I was feeling, I had worked hard all week to prepare things for people to see, touch, and take home. But what fun!! How many times can you open one studio I wonder?......

3 comments:

milliemoo:too said...

Zoe I just wanted to congratulate you on your new space and just to tell you how wonderfully refreshing I think your work is. I wish I had as much talent as you when I graduated. You're out there doing something different and interesting from the "norm" and I love it.

ah li said...

I love your work. ^^

lauraapriljayne said...

Aaaamazing blog:) so inspirational:)

laurajayne
http://lauraapriljayne.blogspot.com